Powered by Blogger.

Nikon D60 Announcement

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Go over to DPReview, Nikon has officially released D60, which is a D40x replacement, along with a host of digicams, and a couple of lenses:
PC-E 24mm
AF-S 60mm Micro
AF-S DX 16-85mm VR

D60 (isn't that a Canon?) is a consumer oriented DSLR with some high end features borrowed from D3/D300. Looks like the direction is that Nikon has decided to keep built-in motor out of the body, auto-focus is only supported with AF-S, AF-I lenses.

I have tried out a D40, and I like the big bright view finder, and the big LCD (compared to 1.8 inch on the D70). The only reason that would keep me from buying a d40, d40x, or d60 is that they do not support older AF lens. My AF 50mm f1.8, and AF 80-200mm f2.8 will not autofocus on these bodies. The other thing is the sensor based shake reduction system. I don't think Nikon or Canon will go that direction.

Update - Letsgodigital actually has a fairly comprehensive review of the D60, click here.

No comments:

 

Most Reading