Powered by Blogger.

Flagstaff - reduced train horn

Thursday, November 22, 2007

This will be a good news to a lot of poeple in Flagstaff.
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1120trainhorns20-on.html

I remember when we first moved here, the noise from the train and the highway (I40 and I17) kept us from buying house in certain area.

We ended up in the East part of town (by the country club), a little farther away from stores, but much quieter.

If you are ever in downtown Flagstaff, and the train goes by, you'll know what I am talking about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is good news, it's amazing how loud those train horns really are, you can hear them miles and miles away

Anonymous said...

I grew up a close to a railroad and my acute sense for sound made me understand which kind of train or locomotive passed by hearing the train horns

 

Most Reading