Powered by Blogger.

Taiwan - Temples

Saturday, December 17, 2011


There are a lot of temples in Taiwan, a lot.  The religion is a combination of Taoism and Buddhism, multi-deity.
I remember when I was little, I was afraid of going into temples, they are just scary to me.  Dark, incense burning, the smell, the crowd, just too strange for me.  It's better now, I am more comfortable with temples now, and it is a neat place for people watching.  That aspect of it was cool.
 
Northern Taiwan - City of Keelung.  This temple is famous for it's night market, right outside of the temple's entrance.  The name of the night market is simply called "Temple's Mouth".


 
They are blessing the silver car on the right.  I didn't realize that people of Taiwan has this custom.



Paper money, offerings for the Gods.


Prayer Wheel.



 
Lighting the incense, ready for a prayer for good fortune.


 

 


"Wood Fish"  While monks are praying, they beat this thing with a rhythm.  Makes a neat sound.

 

 

 

 


Long-Shan Temple (Dragon Mountain).  In Taipei.  This was a busy place.  Lots of people here praying.

 

 

 

 

 


Offerings


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Foto Clipping said...

Planning to visit so it will help me a lot in my tour. Thanks.

Fotoclipping,ClippingImages

David Wong said...

When is your trip?
I wish I am there now, it's Chinese new year, very festive time..

 

Most Reading