Powered by Blogger.

Happy New Year from Hammock Park - Dunedin, FL

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Wow, can't believe it's been another year already.  What has happened to time?

Took a morning walk in Hammock Park, a little on the cool side at 60 degrees, but can't complain when I know what brutal Winter could be.  But I do miss cold weather sometimes, just not shuffling snow.....

Vibrant vs. decay.


I really should take a tripod with me when I go for these walks.    I tried monopod, the concept is cool, a walking stick and a camera support system, but I can't stop swaying when I use the monopod.  I guess it takes practice...  

I think these white mushrooms is kind of famous in Chinese medicine.   Its claim to fame is its property to promote longevity.  Since I can't recognize mushrooms very well, I don't think I want to try it out.   

Wood Ear Mushroom
I am just taking a guess, but they do look like it, I usually just see them in the dried form, and you have to hydrate them before cooking.  That's the stuff you find in moo shu pork dishes, albeit a darker version.

Curly Sue
Looks like a tender shoot that you can munch on.  

Past their prime
This is where I can use the tripod for better support.  

Olympus E-M5, 14mm and 45mm..

1 comment:

Kabir Khan said...

This in informative blog.

 

Most Reading