Powered by Blogger.

Iowa bound - part 2

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Made it to the hotel, Sheraton, downtown Iowa City.
Monday night, snow storm has not reached Iowa yet.

Tuesday Morning, here we go, it's here. Good thing for shuttle service to the university, I didn't have to drive in the icy condition.

Temperature didn't go above 20 during the day, and hovered around 1 degree at night. The streets are covered with ice. I stayed in the hotel as much as I can, :), especially my good winter coat was stolen during my last trip to Troy, Michigan.
Students from the university had a big snow ball fight, trying to beat the record set by University of Wisconsin at Madison. I don't know if the Hawkeyes were successful with their record breaking attempt, but they were brave to hang out in the freezing temperature, and the wind chill brought on by the high wind accompanying the snow.

Well lit alley way. Downtown Iowa City.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 

Most Reading