Powered by Blogger.

Playing with Smoke, #1

Sunday, May 24, 2009






Trying out the smoke picture for the first time - after reading about the HOWTO pages online, I finally puchased the last piece of what I needed - Incense.

Setup a green background, off camera flash (Canon 540EZ at 1/4 power), Nikon D70 at 1/400 sec, aperture of f22-f29. Got a few keepers after some cropping.

I'd say it's easier than water droplet pictures, and it has some very moody/sensual effect with the smoke.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Radu said...

very interesting,would have liked to see more coloured smoke dunno how, colored lights maybe? Anyway nice work.

David Wong said...

I think the colored gel over the flash can create different colored smoke then. I'll have to give that a try.

I like those pictures with white background. I don't have a good white background at this time, so I didn't give it a try.

 

Most Reading