Powered by Blogger.

Hummer in flight

Friday, May 1, 2009





These little guys got here early this year. We still dip into the 30s at night, so I am surprised to see them here. But since they are here, I put up the feeder immediately, make sure they have enough nourishment, I don't think we have enough blooms for them to feed on yet. And nope, no food coloring here!

The ruby throats get used to people a little quicker. I can stand pretty close to the feeder to take these pictures, I do have to crop these pics. Later in the season, another species of hummers, called rufous move in. Although a little smaller than the ruby throats, they are much more territorial, and very aggressive towards others, but very shy, I can't get close enough to them.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lavender Rise said...

Beautiful!

I haven't seen them here yet, but as soon as I do, I'll have to put out our feeder too.

Ian Bines said...

Great blog with a great variation of different images, keep up the great work.

ian

David Wong said...

Thanks Ian!

 

Most Reading