Powered by Blogger.

Back from a pause/gap...

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Hmm, it's been over 9 years since my last post here. 

Don't know why, just have lost the interest in using a camera past few years.

I still take some pictures with my cameras, but I got to the point where I don't even upload them to the computer.  Most of the time, I just use my cell phone.  

In Summer of 2023, we took a trip to Taiwan, I didn't even bother bringing my camera on the trip, I documented the whole trip with my cell phone..

In late 2023, some random video on YouTube popped up with some adapted vintage lenses.  Knowing I had a collection of older Pentax M42 and Canon FD lenses, and Micro 4/3 adapters, I thought I would give them a shot again. 

This collection of test shots are made from Pansonic DMC-G3 and Canon FD 50mm.  Camera set to aperture priority. 


Fresh Thai Basil in Winter (yeah, I am still living in Florida).
ISO 800, 1/500 sec 
 
I don't recall the aperture setting. 

here's a 100% cropped section from the middle of the picture.


Focusing is definitely a challenge.  But many of the mirrorless cameras have a feature that will allow you to select an area you want to magnify, I definitely had to rely on that feature. Another camera useful camera feature is called focus peaking.  The idea is that the area in focus will simply highlight.  I have to say that focus peaking is nice when you are using a normal or longer lenses, but with wide angle lenses (like 28mm), the magnification works a lot better.

More shots from this camera/lens combo.
ISO 200, 1/400 sec

ISO 200, 1/400 sec


ISO 200, 1/80 sec

ISO 200, 1/100 sec

ISO 200, 1/80 sec

ISO 200, 1/100 sec
No, I can't see the time on his watch, :)







No comments:

 

Most Reading